Saturday, August 18, 2007

Some other good writing

So I'm not much for fan fiction believe it or not. My interest in it was zero before I started writing and even now I have little time for it. However once in awhile I will read something, usually just because I like the writer, and sometimes it'll actually be good. So I thought I'd make a mention of two series I have enjoyed despite their occasional flaws.

One is written by Christena of the Sci-fiUnited network of sites, it's called Star Trek: New Era and I've found it quite intriguing. So far I've read up until chapter three and I'm looking forward to chapter four. She's recently gotten a forum set up for it, here's a link.

The other is based on the reimagined Battlestar Galactica and is written by boomstick of GalacticaBBS, you can find it in GBBS's fan fiction section. It's called Titan V, it isn't what I'd call great but it has some unique ideas and if you're a NuBSG fan you'll probably find it interesting.

If you're wondering what's next for me expect Mind Over Matter-a story based on the wildly popular computer game Starcraft-soon. I'm also planning two sequels to it.

No comments: